Return to Website

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!

Now all of my loyal listeners have a place to share their experiences, ask questions or post comments to other individuals in this Health forum.

To send questions to Dr. Bob directly, please go to his web site and e-mail your questions to him by clicking on the 'e-mail Dr. Bob' button.
Please consult a professional or contact Dr. Bob Martin before following any health advice offered in this forum.
NO postings of ANY URLs (unless posted by Dr. Bob) or solicitations of any opportunities - they will be treated as spam! Thank You!

Click on the 'New Article' button to post a new message.

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HBP meds and Liver

My doctor put me on Lisinopril 40mg a year ago. My resting BP was 130/85 but it got real high when I was agitated up to 150/110. The Lisinopril keep it pretty consistant at 120/80.

Here is my question. Before starting the Lisinopril my Total cholesterol was 210, HDL 91, LDL 103, ALT 31, AST 20. Now one year later Total Cholesterol 187, HDL 68, LDL 107, ALT 51, AST 76.

The doctor told me it was probably just a fluke and maybe I had a glass of wine that changed these numbers. The Lisinopril is the only thing I have changed in the year. It is also the only medication I take. Could it be causing this?