Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Voyager Price

When you get as old as I am, you may start appreciating to pros of a cruiser- especially since they still AIN'T gonna be making a Voyager when you get to be my age. But no, I'm not buying - I've got a good bike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Voyager Price

I know the Voyager is not gonna return. My option s are all open. Heck I may even look at a Connie but don't think it's for me either. The only way I'll be able to tell is to wait until it's closer to replacing Vinnie and test ride everything I can get my butt on.

Heck yeah I'm disappointed about there not being a Voyager, but I will look at the Vulcan and compare when the time comes. I may be too old to ride when the time comes anyway, by the time Vinnie wears out!

Richard, you're not much older than Barry and I'm not sure if you're older than I am. I may look at a trike some time way in the future but for me, there are no pros to a cruiser. I'd go with a Suzuki Burgman or similar big scooter before I would go with a cruiser. In fact, based with my four day experience with the rented ElectraGlide at the Mason HCT, if the only type of bike available was a cruiser or cruser oriented tourer, I might consider giving up motorcycling.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Voyager Price

I would definitely look at it. The only thing stopping me is the C14. It is sooooooo much fun to ride and is just now getting broken in and will run all day.

RR

My thoughts on the new voyager? ,AAAAAAAAWWW,let me think---Flimsy Tupperware saddle bags, air cooled (wow what a step backwards),personality of 199 other exact copy bikes,no centerstand,High price,to much gaudy chrome,(makes it ugly),less weather protection, another bikes name on it,smaller fuel tank,(way to go for a touring bike MK),no shaft drive (another great leap backwards),500 cc more ,(like we needed it to lower our gas mileage),
no quick release saddle bags that made cleaning and maintainance a snap,no adjustable trunk-and seat.This bike is so much less than what we have.
LETS TELL MAW KAW TO PLEASE TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR. Don't sell me a FORD with a CHEVY lable and try to fool me into believing its a CHEVY,
I didn't vote for (THE CHANGE).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Voyager Price

dont make much diff to me dont think be riding to much longer down to a trike kit now,now that igot it fixed so wheel,s run strait no thank,s to tow pack who bult it didnt weld the right side right off 17k at that to 11" its 1/4" at the wheel sit,s strait now call their tec said thei q/c that i must ben in wreak need to get 2 new tire,s now working on fender,s now try to stop them from shaking so bad what a pice of junk for 3,800$

Re: Voyager Price

If things stay as they are, my next bike will probably be a GoldWing. That is when (and IF) my '01 wears out.

The megascooter might be an option. I know of one man that set up a 600cc Silverwing for touring--even pulling a trailer. He rode it from Florida to Hyder, Alaska three summers in a row.

Re: Re: Voyager Price

We had a couple from North or South Dakota ride 2 up on a Zuk scooter to our HCT two years ago- of course the wore out a rear tire getting here.

Re: Re: Re: Voyager Price

IKe & Eileen also pulled a camp trailer on thier 2700 mile trip.