Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Well about the Phoenix

Well after MUCH cleaning and redoing things I went for a test ride the other day. NOT GOOD! Pheonix was running like POOP! Had a vibration in second gear and would die every time I pulled in the clutch. Also was getting terrible gas mileage. Went back to the house and started looking things over a little closer.So far I have found 7 screws, 2 washers,missing,wiring just stuffed in places,and countless screws and hoses loose. Including all the clamps for the carbs. He runs a lot better now but I'm still very P.O.ed about this.How am I supposed to trust this thing now? So I went to a different dealer and talked to the owner and he was almost as upset as I was and is going to help me out with it.He is going to contact Kawasaki and see what he can do to help fix this as the place that did this keeps blowing me off. Maybe I can still get it back right!

Re: Well about the Phoenix

That kind of "workmanship" needs to be advertised.

Re: Re: Well about the Phoenix

Keep working a dealer. If they go to bat for you, you stand a much better chance of getting it resolved.

It's normal for dealers not to know what they are doing with repairs to the Voyager. They hardly ever need work and not many were made.

What waas the name of the dealer? Owners in your area need to know.

Re: Re: Re: Well about the Phoenix

D&S Kawasaki in Arlington did this fine work. This morning I went back and had a very stern talk with the shop manager and the owner and I think they got the message. They both told me to bring it back and they would redo eveything & make it right. I told them that the only way I would do that is if someone with a little more pride in their work was to work on it. They assured me that they would. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well about the Phoenix

Thanks for the info.

It's wise to be cautious. A call to Kaw about your skepticism might help you as well. Let'em knowyour gonna (or not) let D&S work on it and you want the poor workmanship covered by the dealer. I know it's a pain, buty it is worth it.

I called Kaw a few times aboiut my warrented repairs and they were fairly supportive.