Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
catfish

Hi everyone, my name is Kevin Wojtek and I am Catish's son, I do not think my dad would mine if I posted on here asking for prayers for my sister (desiree Rhodes) since he has his hands full right now. last Thursday night the airlifted her to Lubbock hospital with a allergic reaction to a antibiotic that they gave her for the flu, she has been diagnosed with steven Johnson disease and it is a very bad disease, it attacks the body inside and out and they treat it like a burn victim, the skin blisters and peels off along with rash, it can get to your internal organs as well, including blindness, kidney damage etc, my dad when my dad arrived in Lubbock around 2am Friday morning, her kidneys were shut down and 20% of her body was effected, they operated on her Friday afternoon because by then it had spread, by Saturday it was at 40-50% and my dad left Saturday at 9pm to come take care of some things before going back, when he arrive home at 1am the hospital called and said that it was progressing and they were going take her to operate again, on sunday, after operating her body is now 100% effected with 75% of it blistering and peeling skin, my dad and my mom with 2 grandkids went back to lubbock last night at about 10pm, he told me today that shes looks 50% worst bthat on Saturday and that her kidneys were improved but her lungs were now being effected, if you look up this disease it shows 50% survival rate and the more progressed it gets the more that rate goes down and when she beats the progression of this thing she will still be in bicu for about 2-3 months and the recovery is 3-5 years. I wanted to post on here because my dad always talked about riding with yall and how much he enjoyed it, our family has been through a lot(especially my dad) but my dad has never given in or up and always says that life is a test, well we are being tested but with friends and family praying for us means we will get through this to.

Im sorry this was so long, if anyone would like to contact my dad, his cell is 325-212-3716 and our address is 934 e 41st, san angelo texas 76903 I am unsure about his email.

Thanks for any support given especially prayers and thanks for listening.

Kevin Wojtek

Re: catfish, p.s.

sorry I forgot to mention that some of my dads biker friends are trying to set up a benefit ride to raise money for travel and long term care, we live 200 miles from Lubbock and my parents will and to travel often, if anyone lives close enough to participate, I will repost with updates.

thanks again for prayers
kevin wojtek

Re: catfish, p.s.

kevin wojtek
sorry I forgot to mention that some of my dads biker friends are trying to set up a benefit ride to raise money for travel and long term care, we live 200 miles from Lubbock and my parents will and to travel often, if anyone lives close enough to participate, I will repost with updates.

thanks again for prayers
kevin wojtek

Some of us nay be close enough to participate but even if we can't make the benefit run, we can still donate. Just let us know where to send the donation.

Re: catfish

Kevin, this club is an extended family for most of us. That family includes your dad (and you, your sister, and your mother). If we can help. let us know, and feel free to post here anytime.

For anyone wondering about this disease, there is some information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevens%E2%80%93Johnson_syndrome and http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stevens-johnson-syndrome/DS00940. Or just gogleing "stevens hohnson syndrome" will bring up numerous hits.

Kevin, thanks for posting. Please feel free to post here anytime. Like Pathfinder said, this group is an extended family for us. Let us know about the benefit and where we can donate.

Prayers to the entire family.

Thanks for posting. Like the guys said keep us updated. Please let us know where to send donations and about the ride. Prayers to the family.

Brenda

Hey, Guys;
I'm in! Just get the information on donation addresses and dates for the ride and I'll be there!!
Prayin' for catfish and his family...

Ride Safe;
Hank in Abq.

Thanks for posting Kevin. Our prayers go out to your family and especially Desiree. Ditto to the others that this is a family affair. Please keep us informed.
Dell

I vote we send a donation to Catfish to help with travel expenses. I will send mine to Richard to add to the clubs'. I know Catfish & his family have been thru a lot these last couple of years. I know he sold his bike to pay bills so I think it would be good to help..

Wait! Stop! Don't send me Catfish money! This is the sort of business that needs to be handled at a business meeting, not a message board. Do what what Hank said & find the proper address - it is not Liberty Hill!

I did not mean to creat a stir. I know prayers are important, very important. I also know when your child is sick/hurt, you will do whatever it takes to bring them back to health. I also know money gets tight, real tight, when something happens so by giving a little of my money to Catfish for his daughter, travel expenses, etc it will not hurt me but do him & his family good. Thank you Richard for sharing his address with me and others. I apologize if I have caused any problems. We are a family riding club & was just trying to help out one of the family.

David

DeepSea
I did not mean to creat a stir. I know prayers are important, very important. I also know when your child is sick/hurt, you will do whatever it takes to bring them back to health. I also know money gets tight, real tight, when something happens so by giving a little of my money to Catfish for his daughter, travel expenses, etc it will not hurt me but do him & his family good. Thank you Richard for sharing his address with me and others. I apologize if I have caused any problems. We are a family riding club & was just trying to help out one of the family.

David

David

I think we all know that your intentions were good. However, I can understand Richard's concern about getting the club officially involved without determining what the consensus is. Now that Kevin has posted the information about where to send donations, this is kind of a moot point unless we want the club to make a donation from its Treasury. I'd be in favor of that but right now, its probably best to make individual donations to the place Kevin provided.