Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wing Saga cont...

Glad the noise turned out to be non-issue. AGM batteries are good I like them. Sometime ago when researching them, I believe i learned they should be charged with an approved AGM battery charger. I use a "Battery Tender" trickle charger. Older chargers before AGM batteries may damage them if I recall! My last 2 AGM batteries went 5+ years each. I had replaced mine last year??

Picked up the battery Sunday afternoon. Nothing wrong with the battery. Don't know if the MC shop knew how to charge AGM batts. Seems AGMs need to be charged very slowly or in series. Beemerrider, you are correct. Old battery chargers/maintainers were not designed for AGM batteries

Called the MC shop. Seems they have been "waiting for a battery" before they can adjust the clutch. Clutch needs to be bled... I think they don't want to work on "old" bikes...

I agree. I did not get good results when i owned a 1988 BMW R100 RT. Dirty carbs. Airheads were out in 2002. The new fuel injected oilheads were the thing.

Well, I finally got the Wing back. Sadly, enough they kept it for 4-5 weeks and didn't really do anything to it that I couldn't have done. Wanted them to sync the carbs but it didn't happen. Cost me a few $$$ but I guess a good lesson to learn. If I can do it myself then better to do it myself...

Sorry about your experience!