Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Soon to be Voyager Rider

Thanks for the info. Most of that has been done. Carl Leo is sending me a bank of synched carbs. The bike idles well-no smoke, misses or leaks, sounds good, but dies when trying to increase rpm's. I can rich it out by placing a rag over air intake and the rpms will do fine. Smokes like a train as expected with the air restriction. Remove the rag and dies. I DO NOT REBUILD CARBS-not even small mower ones. (I learned my lesson on a quadrajet on the boat). Keeping air shocks for now-maybe progressives later. So far no leaks. Will get ALL the fluids changed. The prior owner had expendable income and took decent care of his stuff. The bike was kept in his airport hanger. Did buy a new battery 1st thing. Had a tender. So it's just a time and priority thing. My GF's dad lives in Salado and that will probably be my first extended short road trip...with her and her BIL in the car. Ha- her sister will ride with me. Go figure.
Thanks for the info and if your up around Dallas, Garland way give me a shout and we can shake hands and have a iced tea.

Re: Soon to be Voyager Rider

Your correct about the Kawa shops and older bikes. Asked one guy several questions and when he couldn't give answers I knew, it was time to leave. (he was in his 20's) Probably never worked on anything but crotch rockets. OK- so yes I have mechanical ability just not enough time in the day AND seems the Voyager is not a priority on any ones list but mine. Friends and family are more into our boating scene, where a lot of my time is spent. I do read AVA consistently. Learned so much. Thanks for the chat.