Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mena Ride

Is this ride also going to be our Voyage Home? Some people who ride with us still work and have to put in for the time off. So.............we need to specify if this is our VH or just another ride. Those of us who are retired sometimes also make arrangements because of other things we have scheduled.

If our president would response that would be great, thanks Rod, for keeping our calendar up to date.

Sandra

I will have to defer the decsion about the Mena Ride being our Voyage Home to higher powers. Hopefully a decision will be made soon.

RR

5-5, 2-2

Sheila and I have been busy these last couple of weeks. Opening a new store, work, children, etc. So we have not been able to do the research that I would like to do. I ask on this forum whether anyone had any preference on Paris or GlenRose again. I got one response. I talked to Ben about having VH at Beavers Bend State Resort Park. I think it would be a good idea to have it there. I don't see how we could make Beavers Bend the 6-9 Oct and two weeks later or one week make Paris or GlenRose. As Sandra said some of us still work and have to/need to plan ahead. when I talked to Ben about dates, he expressed a concern about some not wanting to travel that far North. Also possibly some of the rides might be too long. I don't have a problem of the Mena ride being VH. I will call Ben tomorrow & see if we can get this worked out. I did look at the resort park. I can see campsites, RV sites but I don't know about cabins. The ones I did find were priced out of my range. So any input would be appreciated. As I said earlier in this post, I don't have a problem w/Mena as VH.

I think we need to have the Houston area group provide some input. I'm also concerned that many will consider it too far away. If I can get the time off, I'll be there. If there are no reasonably priced cabins or nearby motels, that will also be a "deal breaker" for many. Most of our members are no longer campers.

OK, I don't get it. What is 5-5,2-2?
Bob

5-5, 2-2 is a take on 10-4 good buddy. My grandson Kyle started this when Grandpa Ed drove trucks

Wait! Who is that signing himself as Norbel? We NEVER hear from her.

I have looked on the internet about cabins in & around the resort. They are higher than I would like to pay. I will do some more research on housing available in the area. Mileage from Houston or Austin should not be a problem.

I guess I am thinking we wouldn't get that many at the Mena Ride, but would get more if the Voyage Home were held more central to the LSV area. Probably waiting a couple weeks between events would allow those who would like to attend both a chance.
Just another opinion to throw into the mix.

RR

RR
I guess I am thinking we wouldn't get that many at the Mena Ride, but would get more if the Voyage Home were held more central to the LSV area. Probably waiting a couple weeks between events would allow those who would like to attend both a chance.
Just another opinion to throw into the mix.

RR

I agree with Rod.

I agree, the only 'cabins' I could find near the park were WAY out of my league. I can't say I can make both rides (assuming the 'Grey Lady' is ready), but I am planning on the VH, because I think there will be a larger turnout there. I am not in good enough (physical) shape to camp, and will be basically 'moteling it' from here on out. Saving my nickels and dimes!! Everyone Have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & the 'Grey Lady'

Hank, do you still have Lil Putt?

Hi, Bob;
Yes, I still have her, but once the Grey Lady is operational, she will be used for short (in-state) runs. She's not really comfortable enough for extended stints in the saddle, and I am not as physically able to endure pain/discomfort as I was previously, which is the reason why I no longer 'camp out'. I do plan on making the VH (when it is planned), hopefully, I'll see you there.

Ride Safe;
Hank in NM.