Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voyage Home

Spent some time talking to Ben Bagley about the planned ride at Beavers Bend Resort Park. I asked him if he would mind if we combined the two. He said did not have a problem with it. He planned this ride to ride and if we could do other things with it then some be it. I don't see how we can plan another one a week, 3 weeks or a month later to vote or have a business meeting whether it be a lunch run or camp out or whatever. I just don't have the time off and like many others we have other plans. There are several cabins around the area of Beavers Bend. Hotels in Broken Bow and Hochatown from $60+ and up. I will have more info at a later date.

Re: Voyage Home

Speaking of VH, we will have an agenda on what we need as a club to discuss, such as nominations for President, Secretary/Treasurer. Where and how much of the clubs money will be donated to charities. We have discussed dues but I think dues of $7.50 per person or $15.00 per couple is fair so it will not be on the agenda unless requested. Also who will host HCT in 2017.

No ideas here. I just wanted to reassure you that somebody is reading your posts.

Same here.
In Tallahassee with my daughter. Going to a shooting range in a bit and heading north to the NASCAR at Bristol Saturday night. Heading back home Tuesday.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Would like to know where those $60.00 cabins are, I couldn't find anything below $100.00 a night. With that said, I would like to make the run, I'll see how the money situation works out. I'd rather see something 'a bit further south' and west, but I will bow to the wishes of my friends. Ride Safe!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'the Grey Lady'

Hank S.
Would like to know where those $60.00 cabins are, I couldn't find anything below $100.00 a night. With that said, I would like to make the run, I'll see how the money situation works out. I'd rather see something 'a bit further south' and west, but I will bow to the wishes of my friends. Ride Safe!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & 'the Grey Lady'

I couldn't find any $60 cabins either but there are motels in the Broken Bow area for around $60.

You are correct. There are no cabins/motel in Beavers Bend for less than $100. I did find one hotel/motel in Broken Bow for $60 per night. Several in Broken Bow & Hochatown? for around $100 per night. I will look for others this weekend.

As for farther, West & South, there is always next year. I can see GlenRose or farther west. I think we need to have a VH somewhere on the East side of Texas, Jasper and Tyler come to mind. As I said before we do need host for HCT & VH.

A google search showed at least two motels in the %60 range.