Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voyage Home 2017

Good day all
I have a very little info on the Voyage Home for 2017 on the web. Access it thru the calendar or the home page. Just got info David and Sheila will be hosting at Glen Rose as in 2014. Still lots of info to come, but should be in October. I have just a bit of info on the web so far.
Got back from Alamogordo this morning. Went there to work for Monday and Tuesday at my old job to get some things done I couldn't do remotely. Was very fruitful.
People are here tearing out a back wall to the (what used to be) back patio and putting a header in the now 14' opening. I have the back patio enclosed, but still have lots of work. Insulating, drywall and finishing the floor. The floor is fun as it slopes ever so gently towards the outside, so I have to put shims of varying thickness under the joists to get it level. So much for 'retirement'!!
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Voyage Home 2017

I just checked out the site for the 2017 VH. Looks REAL good!! I could afford to rent a cottage if I could split it with one other guy. It IS a bit too early to plan, though. We'll see what the next year brings. Ride Safe!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, the 'Grey Lady' & 'Lil'Putt'

Re: Voyage Home 2017

We look forward to you being there, Hank. Seems when we were there last, everyone enjoyed it. The campsites were more $$ than some wanted to spend but there is the Dinosaur State Park just a few miles away if any wanted to stay there. Good roads, close enough together to visit, great places to eat, sorry NO McDonalds in Glen Rose. There is one road we did not go on much. Area around FM4 is called the Hill country of North Texas. It was featured in RideTexas several yeas ago. It would make a good ride. lots to see & do.. looking forward to it