Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm still in Texas

This morning at 4:30 a.m., it was 38°F. By 7 a.m., it had warmed up to 53°F.

Re: I'm still in Texas

It's nice to know that you're still in Texas. I thought you'd moved!

Good evening all
Was down to 47 this morning and after the clouds were cleared out it got up to 77.
Went for a ride thru Fredericksburg to Kerrville and Ingram. There is a COG Wildflower Tour the weekend after the Spring Fun Run. It is headquartered in Hunt, but they only have hotel reservations. I found the closest campground in Ingram at the 'By The River Park and Campground'. Checked it out and made reservations for that weekend. The tent sites are on an island in the middle of the Guadalupe River. It seems pretty nice. Ride over a bridge to get to the island. Then got my reservation in to the COG for the event.
Things are shaping up to be a good riding season this year. With the SFR, COG Wildflower Tour, HCT, Mena Ride, Voyage Home and Enchanted Tour. Also thinking about riding out to Mazda Raceway in July to see the World Superbike race. Hopefully all the projects around here will be done by then. They are slowing down as witnessed by my ride today plus a short 135 mile ride yesterday.
Stopped in at the Dutchmans Butcher Shop in Fredericksburg for a supply of summer sausage and sorghum.
Yall have a great day. What is left of it.

RR

When the river is up, that bridge is under water. If the river has been up long enough for the algae to flourish, that bridge is SLICK. If the river REALLY comes down in the middle of the night, they allow tent people to move to the meeting hall. Or so I've heard.

RR
Good evening all
Was down to 47 this morning and after the clouds were cleared out it got up to 77.
Went for a ride thru Fredericksburg to Kerrville and Ingram. There is a COG Wildflower Tour the weekend after the Spring Fun Run. It is headquartered in Hunt, but they only have hotel reservations. I found the closest campground in Ingram at the 'By The River Park and Campground'. Checked it out and made reservations for that weekend. The tent sites are on an island in the middle of the Guadalupe River. It seems pretty nice. Ride over a bridge to get to the island. Then got my reservation in to the COG for the event.
Things are shaping up to be a good riding season this year. With the SFR, COG Wildflower Tour, HCT, Mena Ride, Voyage Home and Enchanted Tour. Also thinking about riding out to Mazda Raceway in July to see the World Superbike race. Hopefully all the projects around here will be done by then. They are slowing down as witnessed by my ride today plus a short 135 mile ride yesterday.
Stopped in at the Dutchmans Butcher Shop in Fredericksburg for a supply of summer sausage and sorghum.
Yall have a great day. What is left of it.

RR

I got in about 200 miles yesterday. Had breakfast in Johnson city and then headed west riding the backroads north of Fredericksburg with a couple of friends following.

Sounds like there is going to a lot of bike activity around Kerrville. Two weeks after SFR, the San Antonio BMW riders are having a rally at Kerville-Schriener Park, the same location as this years HCT. If it's anything like the rallies they has at Llano, it should be a good one. I'll probably attend it. It will be a good "shake down" for HCT.