Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'New' Bike in the Stable

Well, 'Lil'Putt', my Honda NT700V, is no longer residing at my place. I traded her in Thursday on a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300, which I have already put close to 500 miles on since I got her. She reminds me of my Triumph Rocket 3 (anyone remember that?) She's a Metallic dark red (Yamaha calls it 'Black Cherry'), puts out 145 HP (The Triumph put out 140HP), and also about 100 ftlbs. of torque. My first reaction when riding her was 'OMIGAWD!! She is quicker than the Triumph was, and (I think) has a higher top speed.
She is also the most tractible, most comfortable, safest (in my estimation) bike I have ever ridden. Since my Voyager has blown another fork seal, and will need to go back in to the shop, I'll probably be riding the Yamaha for the forseeable future. I'll post a pic when I can get one. Everyone Ride Safe!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

Re: 'New' Bike in the Stable

Hank, you've discovered something Rod and I have known for years. Sport touring bikes can be very comfortable for touring.

Hello Hank! Johnny from Marlin Here. Still no bike for me? Congratulations on your Yamaha FJR 1300! I agree with Pathfinder, I also favor the Sport Touring machines. Good to hear you are enjoying the FJR! They have very good owner reviews. Ride safe and enjoy!