Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OOPS...

Well, it finally happened to me. I took off to head to Church on the Grey Lady this morning without checking all of the locks and latches. As a result, I lost my right side saddlebag lid somewhere between Mountainair and Albuquerque. I checked Fleabay after getting home, and there is only one lid on there, and the seller wants $229.00 for it. I DO NOT THINK SO!!! So...Does anyone in the club have a right side saddlebag lid for a Voyager XII that they will sell me? I would appreciate the help. Contact me here or email me if you can help. Thank You.

Re: OOPS...

Sorry about that. I can't help - except to note that top-down, convertible saddlebags are all the rage.

LOL!! The only problem with the 'top down' is that there is no top to put up to protect from rain! Maybe Carl Leo can come up with one??

Carl would probably be the best chance of a reasonably priced lid.

Hello Hank. I took a look on EBAY. I see a few lids there but alas seems to be same price you quoted you found? $200plus? Johnny

Yes, the sellers seem to realise that there is a demand for them. I'm going to keep an eye on ebay, but I'll probably end up getting one from Carl Leo. Due to a bank screw-up my finances are a bit tight, but I hope to fix this soon.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

Sorry about the bank mess up. Pray its resolved quickly. Hope you find a lid soon!

Hank I have the complete right side saddle bag in RED, if interested. It also has a rusted extra chrome decorative accessory on it, brake light etc. Lid is complete.
I almost lost mine once but put the safety cables on both lids. After that I had one come loose but it was saved by the straps. Might want to consider putting those on your bike.Dell at dell.k@sbcglobal.net

Dell;
Thanks! PM coming your way.
Ride Safe!!

Hank S.