Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello LSV

Good evening! Just looking for ramblings, nothing?
It's HOT weather time! Not even July yet! LOL. We (family) were in Tennessee last week. Stayed in Pigeon Forge,TN. Really nice place. Lots to see. Reminded me of Branson,MO.
Spent a day at DollyWood. Also drove to Asheville, North Carolina. Spent a day at the Biltmore House, built by the Vanderbilts, Its a castle!!! We also stayed in Memphis,TN. We walked the famous Beale Street. Enjoyed jazz music and good food!
The motorcycles I observed while we traveled ; Lots of Harley's everywhere. Most prominent bike brand being ridden I saw. I did see just a few Goldwings and even less BMW RT & GS twins traveling. One Kawasaki Concours. I try to observe whats being ridden and that was about it in 6 days.
I hope everyone is doing well. Ride safe. Always wear safety gear. Later BemerRider!!
** Hank S How is the Yamaha FJ1300 and you getting along?

Re: Hello LSV

Hey, BeemerRider;
I LOVE IT!! It reminds me of my Triumph Rocket 3 (remember that?), only 100 pounds lighter, and with much better suspension! It inspires a confidence in me that I have not had in a long time, I have never ridden a bike that handles better. This particular bike has a custom Corbin seat on it that is about 2" lower than the stock seat, and I can flatfoot it when I'm sitting down on the bike. The salesman told me that the previous owner was a young lady that was 5'4", and weighed about 130. I wasn't surprised when the cushion went away after 50 miles. I am planning on getting an Airhawk cushion for it, which will raise it about 1", but make the seat more comfortable on long runs. I am hoping to make it to the VH, and will show her to you and the gang then.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, the 'Grey Lady, & the Crimson Rocket