Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cycle for sale

Speedball, when are you going to get back up on two wheels??

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank S.

I'm done.

Good Morning! Speedball, No bike in 2 years! I really like the BMW twin series engines and motorcycles. This week on Thursday (8-17-17) marks the 2 year anniversary of the accident!! I located a very clean, well taken care, 2008 BMW R1200RT 2 weeks ago in Fort Worth. I went to look at it and the seller was a really nice person. Made me a deal I couldn't pass on. I went and picked it up on Friday (8-04-17) Runs and handles great! A few more factory gadgets than my 2004. I haven't been on a motorcycle in 2 years. It was like I never was off. But I admit to getting a little butterflys in the tummy feelings. Not sure how much I will ride again....... but time will tell! Felt good though!

RT

The R1200RT is a good bike for rolling up miles. I put a lot of miles on the two I owned.

Re: RT

Thanks I really like it so far. Still somewhat feeling butterflies when I ride. Residue feeling from the accident I'm sure!
I know you have put your RTs thru a lot of miles Pathfinder! I admire the travels you have been able to accomplish!
I'm gathering up info on maintenance. I'm feeling fairly good since I already have what's needed to tune my older destroyed 2004 R1150RT. The only thing is I need a GS911 for clearing data and an reading fault codes? ☹️