Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Evening Lone Star Voyagers!

SpeedBall
Low 40s is good mpg. People who say they get 50 mpg on a ZG1200 are liars.

I guess I'm close to being a liar. Mid to upper 40s was what I usually got.

See? Told ya!

Gas mileage? What little riding I've had a chance to do so far on the 2008 BMW R1200RT by the onboard computer shows it averages 44 mpg! But I did get a little better on the 2004 RT. Best high was 49 mpg, no lie!! 🙏🏼

BeemerRider
Gas mileage? What little riding I've had a chance to do so far on the 2008 BMW R1200RT by the onboard computer shows it averages 44 mpg! But I did get a little better on the 2004 RT. Best high was 49 mpg, no lie!! 🙏🏼

OK, now that we're talking BMWs, the best I've gotten with my GS is 61mpg. Although the RT generally got better mileage than the GS, the best I got with either of them was slightly less than that.

That's great! While I haven't had the opportunity to do a real road test on the 2008 RT in all day highway riding, I have done about 80 miles on my longest ride on it so far. That being in town and highway to average 44mph by the onboard computer. I would be excited to get mileage like 61mpg. Hopefully I'll get that chance soon.

Hey! I'm better at this trolling thing than I thought I'd be. No lie!

BeemerRider
That's great! While I haven't had the opportunity to do a real road test on the 2008 RT in all day highway riding, I have done about 80 miles on my longest ride on it so far. That being in town and highway to average 44mph by the onboard computer. I would be excited to get mileage like 61mpg. Hopefully I'll get that chance soon.

That 61 mpg was in a situation where the maximum speed was about 60, few stops and general speeds between 40 and 60.However, you should be able to do at least a little better than your previous beemer.