Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: That coolant smell

HankinNM
Hi, RR!
That definitely changes things. I thought it was in your engine block. I am glad the JB Weld id holding, and I hope to see you down the road!
Ride safe & sane,
Hank S.
I know a BMW rider who poked a hole in his crankcase while crossing a river in Baja. He cleaned the case and patched it with JB Weld. It's still holding thousands of miles later. I've since learned that there are two versions of JB Weld, the regular kind and a high temperature version. The regular supposedly will melt at high temperatures.

Re: That coolant smell

Pathfinder
HankinNM
Hi, RR!
That definitely changes things. I thought it was in your engine block. I am glad the JB Weld id holding, and I hope to see you down the road!
Ride safe & sane,
Hank S.
I know a BMW rider who poked a hole in his crankcase while crossing a river in Baja. He cleaned the case and patched it with JB Weld. It\'s still holding thousands of miles later. I\'ve since learned that there are two versions of JB Weld, the regular kind and a high temperature version. The regular supposedly will melt at high temperatures.
I didn't realize there was a High Temp JB Wield either. But I did look it up, cool. It's called High Heat. Claims 600 PSI at 400 deg F. Continuous heat up to 450 deg F! Just if anybody cares, LOL! I'm a JB Wield fan.