Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
accident

Hello everyone, sorry I have not gotten on line to update. Jim had rode out to California to ride with the veterans, I was in Arkansas visiting my sisters. ON the day to start for the ride, Jim was backing his motorcycle out of the parking lot, he had turned to short with pushing backwards, bike started rolling, he hit the front brake, bike was not even started yet, bike started to fall, he tried to catch it, instead, it fell on his right leg, broke both bones in leg, plus crushed his heel. He was taken to hospital, they did an emergency surgery and put a brace of pins and rods on the outside of leg to stabilize it until he got back to Oklahoma. He called me, I hooked up our utility trailer to truck and headed to California. my daughter went with me from Arkansas to help. Our oldest son was in St. Louis on work, so he just booked a flight and was able to get there the same day. We arrived okay, headed back home and on second day had rain and by the time we got over into Oklahoma, there were hellacious winds and tornado watches out. We were planning on stopping at the next town, Elk City, but before we got to the exit a gust of strong wind caught the trailer, I lost control of the truck, it went to the ditch, we rolled and landed upside down. God was very good to us, I came out with only some bruises and my daughter had some cuts on her leg from the busted windshield, Jim was in the back, not even a bruise from the roll, all pins and rods in place. Unfortunately the truck, trailer, and motorcycle was completely wiped out. We are thanking God for helping us in this matter, we are now in the process of getting Jim's leg well, he had another surgery when we got home, he is progressing really well, cannot put weight on leg yet, but stitches come out on the 17th, we are hoping that maybe the doctor will use a boot so he can start his physical therapy. We appreciate all the prayers and cards, we wanted to go to Voyage Home, but cannot make it the 17th of October, was hoping it could have been a week later. Thanks again for all that you do, will try and keep everyone posted on progress.

Sandra & Jim

Re: accident

I’m sure glad you guys were basically okay after the wreck. That must have been pretty extreme to go through. I’m glad Jim didn’t add to his injuries. It’s about time you guys quit getting clobbered.
I’m believing that all of you will heal up 100%.
I hope all the insurance and financial stuff works out too.
That’s never fun to deal with either.
Please let us know how Jim does with his leg and heel.
Hopefully you and your daughters injuries are mending well.

Hang in there!
DD

Re: accident

I have to Ditto what David said we miss you guys and hope to see you all soon. If you can't make the Voyage Hone maybe we can plan a ride since we are now retired!! Just saying!! Wishing Jim a speedy recovery, he is in our prayers, God Bless.

Cindy and Gerald

Thank you from Jim and Sandra

Received a thank you from Jim and Sandra that was sent to Jan. Please see below
I can't figure out how to add so I'm typing for all to see:

"Please tell all the LSV members that Sandra and I are doing well. We rely appreciate your thoughtfulness and the check. All of you are special to Sandra and I. God Bless you all. Jim and Sandra Judge"

Cindy