Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another d*** deer

Dave
So sorry to hear that. Hope you heal quickly. Are you home yet?
RR

I'm in the ICU because of a small puncture to a lung. Probably be here a couple days just so they can keep an eye on me.

I wish you well my friend.

Really sorry to hear that Dave. Glad your healing.
Please let us know when your out of icu.

Doctor told me that ij I look as good tomorrow as I do today, he will move out of icu. I'll probably be released mid week.

That’s good news

I'm so sorry to here of your accident. Our prayers are with you. God's blessing for a speedy recovery. We will be sending you a little something from the Down riders fund.

Thanks to David for letting me know about your incident. I haven't been on the forum recently.

I appreciate the gesture but please keep the down rider money for someone who really needs it.

Then next time I see you, lunch is on me.

DD
Then next time I see you, lunch is on me.
That I'll accspt

Doctor approved moving me to step-down unit yesterday morning. However, I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Sorry to hear about the deer, I can say, its not a fun thing to go through, I am still having to go to wound doctor once a week. Those deer leave a lasting impression. God bless and take care.

Jim and Sandra

Jim Judge
Sorry to hear about the deer, I can say, its not a fun thing to go through, I am still having to go to wound doctor once a week. Those deer leave a lasting impression. God bless and take care.

Jim and Sandra
This is actually my second time going through this.I hit one on my way to work in 2006. Just got moved to step-down unit. I'll probably be released tomorrow.

Home from hospital about 3:30

That’s good news

DD
That’s good news
^ What he said.

Now some details: where, what happened, how fast, bike condition??

DD
Now some details: where, what happened, how fast, bike condition??
Not much to say. First I saw of the deer was when its broadside "materialized" over my front wheel making contact with my windshield. I was north of Boerne headed north on Waring-Welfare Rd going about 35mph. The impact took me down hard on my right side and I think I rolled once. Besides my riding buddy John, there were some car drivers who also stopped to help. The ambulance arrived quickly and it wasn't long before I was on my way to the emergency room in Boerne. They stabilized me but weren't equipped to treat my injuries so they transferred me to San Antonio.

Just glad it wasn’t any worse. How are you doing now?

DD
Just glad it wasn’t any worse. How are you doing now?
Doing much better. Saw orthopedic doctor Thursday in San Antonio. That was a wasted trip; basically asked how I felt and that was it other than scheduling another appointment in a few weeks when they will take x-rays and verify that everything is healing properly. He said broken ribs usually take about eight weeks to heal so I'e got about another six weeks before I'm close to normal.

I'm sorry that you got broke - & I'm glad that you are recovering nicely. The bonus is that your wreck has revived this message board nicely. In the interim six weeks, don't cough, sneeze or laugh.