Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enchanted Tour

Good day all
I am looking at a new place for the Enchanted Tour this year. There is a KOA just south of Santa Fe which has tent sites and KOA Kabins. There is also the Cottonwood RV Park in Espanola where some of us have already stayed. That would be the best location for the rides as south of Santa Fe would require riding thru Santa Fe and north some 30 miles to the beginning of good riding. There are hotels in Espanola, but it is nice to have everyone together. Please let me know your thoughts on this change of venue.
Yall have a great day and see ya August 6th.

RR

Re: Enchanted Tour

Actually I like the old location. The KOA would probably be OK but I would not want to stay in Espanola. Instead of going through Sante Fe on the rides it requires going through Sante Fe on the way there and going home.

With a detour up NM3, the Sante Fe KOA is just short of 700 miles.

I like trying something different. I'm just not familiar enough with the area to give any specific feedback.

The reason I am looking at the new place is I would like to try the ride again that we didn't finish 2 years ago because it was too far for one day. We can always go back to the existing rides from Las Vegas. I just liked the other ride. I rode it the day before the Enchanted Tour 2 years ago and really enjoyed it, but it ended up too long for a group ride. A different ride just for variety. The other rides are great also, just a little variety. If we go back to Las Vegas, I would probably get there a day early and go on that ride again.
Yall have a great day. And see ya in August. Just 2 months away.

RR

I'm ok with the koa in Santa Fe. I'm also ok with arriving a day early to ride the other route. I really like the ride to Angle Fite.

I don't want to stay in Espanola and if we do there will be one person at the campground with everyone else in a motel.

Some day we need to meet up in Cortex CO for a few days of riding.

When ET rolls around it will be just about 3 months since my accident and hopefully a month since I'm back to riding. I'm guessing my riding stamina will be close to what it was before.

Please let me know what you decide, Sandra and I would like to make it this year, we plan on bringing out the RV. Haven't got to get out in over a year and this looks like a good trip for us.

Jim
Will stick with Las Vegas. I will most likely get there a day early and ride some other roads to enjoy Northern New Mexico. Glad yall will be able to make it, Hopefully.
How is the foot doing?
See ya in a couple months.

RR

RR
Jim
Will stick with Las Vegas. I will most likely get there a day early and ride some other roads to enjoy Northern New Mexico. Glad yall will be able to make it, Hopefully.
How is the foot doing?
See ya in a couple months.

RR
If you get there a day earlier, I will probably do the same.