Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Enchanted Tour

Yes, I am planning to arrive on the 11th. Planning the 'extended' ride on the 12th. Around 400 miles. Thru Tierra Amarilla. then down thru La Jara and Los Alamos.
Chip was still in Mora a couple weeks ago and will be riding with us if he is still there.
Will be doing the regular rides on Friday and Saturday.
See yall in a couple weeks.

I hope you aren't planning to ride NM 126. Found this via google:
"It starts out as a well-paved, excellent, curvy, road into the mountains. Then there is a 8-mile section which is a one to two lane dirt road with switchbacks, hills and canyonswith some minor washouts and curves around tight corners. Only travel on this road when it is dry."

I am not. Going down to San Ysidro. Then taking 4 back north up thru Jemez Springs and Los Alamos. A lot of 126 looks good, except for that unpaved portion.
See yall in a week and a half.

RR

We'll need to get an early start. It looks like it will be at least eight hours driving time without figuring in stops.

I am planning to be gone by 8. Perhaps even 7:30. Can have breakfast at Rene's Diner in Mora. Will see if Chip wants to meet there and go on the ride.

RR
I am planning to be gone by 8. Perhaps even 7:30. Can have breakfast at Rene\\\'s Diner in Mora. Will see if Chip wants to meet there and go on the ride.
Is that mountain time or central time? Either way, that shouldn't be a problem for me.