Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VH 2022

Sheila & I went to Caddo lake state park. It is a pretty place. They have a lot of the park closed down at present but it should be open in October. They have cabins, camp sites and RV sites. I don't have any rides but can work on them if Caddo is where we want to go. Probably need to have a discussion on it.

Re: VH 2022

Where is Caddo SP, in relation to Glen Rose?

Bob Schneider
Where is Caddo SP, in relation to Glen Rose?
It is about 230 miles east of Glen Rose, near the Louisianna state line.

I know it's been a long time since going to Caddo lake. B4 we joined LSV. Caddo had been suggested. My concern is for the people in AZ and Nm. It's a long drive. Another area discussed is Palo Duro. Lots less distance for the people out West. Maybe even more centrally located. Either works for us. We might even see Bob Bass.

I just talked to Charlie, and "the Arizona bunch" will not be coming to VH this year. Maybe as we get older the prospect of traveling 1000 miles, plus or minus, just to get to the meeting place is looking less and less appealing. So, as much as we appreciate you trying to accommodate us, you should plan more around the Texas contingency. I'm not sure who the NM folks are, unless you're referring to Hank? Ride safe!

I understand what you are saying. I/we are looking at other places to shorten the distance for ya'll. Going across 3states is a little much. Still looking.

We did a VH at Caddo Lake several years ago. I don't know if it was price or availability but only one couple stayed in a cabin. The rest of those not in tents or RVs stayed in Jefferson about 30 miles away.