Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Voyage Home

We who are contemplating a day trip lunch outing, smile favorably upon the idea of a lunch in Gatesville.

If we can make Friday ride to to Gatesville for lunch, we will be able to see Richard and Cindy at the Hwy 36 Cafe. I think it would be good to see them. We can go thru Walnut Springs, Iridell, Cransfil Gap then Gatesville. I know it may not be a planned route but getting to see Richard and Cindy would be worth it. Any thoughts??

DeepSea
If we can make Friday ride to to Gatesville for lunch, we will be able to see Richard and Cindy at the Hwy 36 Cafe. I think it would be good to see them. We can go thru Walnut Springs, Iridell, Cransfil Gap then Gatesville. I know it may not be a planned route but getting to see Richard and Cindy would be worth it. Any thoughts??
Friday forecast (weather.com) for Glen Rose and Gatesville shows 50% chance of rain.

Pathfinder
DeepSea
Friday forecast (weather.com) for Glen Rose and Gatesville shows 50% chance of rain.
Saturday's forecast still looks good but Gatesville forecast now has probably of rain at 80%. If we're going to Gatesville, I would suggest we do it Saturday.

BTW, google cannot find a Hwy 36 Cafe. The closest match is Junction at Route 36 Restaurant. Is that it?

Ditto Pathfinder. Junction at Rte 36 is closest match afaik. What say the gurus? (I always thought that Pathfinder is the guru.) 70% chance on Friday here. Name the place & time, we plan to join you. Same old landline number. New cell number emailed to RR, Pfinder & DeepSea.

That sounds great with me. Would be good to see Richard and Cindy again.

I would be in favor of doing Gatesville Saturday. Riding in the steady rain with temps in the 50s forecasted for Friday won't be pleasant.