Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Concours 14

Greetings all
Just got back from the Kawasaki dealer. Took the 14 out for a ride. Not a long one, but still a ride. About 18 miles.
First impression is it sits tall. I can just flat foot it. That would give it more ground clearance in corners. The engine at idle sounds great and once underway it is really smooth. Power really comes on at 3500 RPM, but still plenty even below that. Gets up to 70 in no time. I was doing 70 turning about 3500 RPM in OD. Sitting a little hunched over, but the windscreen is adjustable and while riding at 60 or over with the windscreen down I don't have much weight on my wrists. I just think about leaning and it goes over effortlessly into corners (what little I had). It is smooth at speed. The mirrors are rock solid.
The bags are really solid on the bike. They come off effortlessly and hold quite a bit.
The speedometer and tach are analog with an LCD display between them showing time, tire pressure, instantaneous and average MPG. These are selectable with a button. The fuel gage and temp are always showing on the LCD display. It has two trip meters plus the regular odometer.
All in all I am impressed. Not a long distance touring bike, but a really nice bike. Of course this was too short a ride to get a real impression.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Concours 14

You are drooling on the web site. I hope you get one.

Re: Re: Concours 14

I thought I was keeping it wiped up!! Guess I had better get a bigger rag.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Concours 14

WENT FOR RIDE TUSE AM GUY BOUT IT WHY I WAS RIDEING IT JIM TOLD HIM I WAS WAYING FOR IT TO COME IN MADE SURE HE GOT IT SEAT TO HIGH JIM SED WORKING ON THAT PROB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Concours 14

thank goodness for that