Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

I've got my fairing off, reinstalling driving lights. They were grounded to the frame & no off switch except ignition. Worked in an uncooled metal shed because I's afraid of the rain. We got about 10/100ths. Trying to create a hi/lo beam effect for the driving lights as per AVA post by Cinci Bob - no luck so far.

Re: High/low effect?

I'm not knowledgeable of Cinci Bob's post. What are you trying to do? Driving lights with high beam only? Driving lights with high beam and driving lights switched on?

Re: Re: High/low effect?

He claims that you can wire 'em in parallel for "hi" beams, then re-route them via the other half of a DPDT switch to be wired in series to create a half-voltage "lo" beam. I did it & they both work fine on hi beam but only the light that receives the juice 2nd burns in the low beam position. I'm trying to make email contact with him; maybe a resistor somewhere along the line.

Re: Re: Re: High/low effect?

You might need to use a diode somewhwere.

Re: Re: Re: Re: High/low effect?

I've got it now. The way I HAD it wired, I needed a diode but I rewired & I've got it now. Gonna email my Electronic Techs Union & get an opinion on whether this really cuts down on amps used - I doubt it but it's pretty cute to have hi/lo aux beams.