Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Offer I Can't Refuse???

Gee, guys, there may be a 1200LT in my future... I just got a letter from Sandia BMW (the local BMW car-and now MC-Dealer), which starts, "Sandia BMW and Santa Fe BMW motorcycle have been selected to conduct a unique motorcycle exchange event which will feature 100% fair market trade in value for your current motorcycle". OK, I wonder what Rusty's 'Fair Market Value' is? After other gobbledygook, they state, "Our records indicate that you currently own a motorcycle that we may be interested in purchasing"
OH, REALLY?? I can't believe it!! The local BMW store wants to buy Rusty!! !!
Gee, I'll want at least $4,000 for her!! Dave S, did you get one of these?? Apparently, they think Rusty meets their standards as a 'quality used motorcycle'. Well, she certainly meets mine! I think I'm going to frame this and hang it in Rusty's garage, to remind her just what some people think of her! I just might call them and find out what they'll give for her but you can be pretty sure that I will not trade her in on another bike! Everyone have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Rusty

Re: An Offer I Can't Refuse???

You had be scared. I thought poor Rusty was a goner!!

Brenda