Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: hurricane gasoline prices

Sandi uses the truck to go to work (deisel) and when we go gambling. I use the bike for eveythng!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hurricane gasoline prices

John would ride the bike more if it had air conditioning !!!!!!

Brenda

Re: hurricane gasoline prices

That's still a lot cheaper than gas is in New Mexico!

Re: Re: hurricane gasoline prices

I'm just a few days behind the times, but here's some interesting facts. If I step on anyones toes, my apologies, but this is what I see almost every day.

The refiners (oil companies) dont' regulate the price of gasoline. The stock/commodity market does.
An oil company agrees by contract to buy crude oil at a given price for "X millions of barrels" at a time.
The price of gasoline on the "spot market" is what the wholesalers (jobbers) buy it for from the refiners. There is the federal taxes & state taxes added in there, then the jobber mark up, then the retailer mark up.
As of today the spot market for a gallon of unleaded gasoline was $1.98..........the rest is taxes & mark up.

Re: Re: Re: hurricane gasoline prices

Can't do anything about taxes or death- oh wait, can't do anything about markup either.