Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's see, You're a......

Anybody who was in Texas or Oklahoma when they received their Social Security number prior to about 1980 most likely has a 4 for the first digit of their SSN.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's see, You're a......

Mine starts with a 3, so that would definitely make me a yankee.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's see, You're a......

Mine starts with that number 4.

Brenda

Re: The real question is....

...what is the weather in the panhandle that time of the year? November weather there can vary drastically from one day to the next.

Re: A Quick Question...

I pulled the following off a web site with Amarillo climate information:
"The Amarillo area is subject to extreme and rapid temperature changes, especially during the fall and winter months when cold fronts from the northern Rocky Mountain and Plains states sweep across the area. Temperature drops of 50 to 60 degrees within a 12-hour period are not uncommon. Temperature drops of 40 degrees have occurred within a few minutes."

Weather like that should be picked up in the weather forecasts at least a couple of days in advance but trying to determine what it will be like on specific days is "iffy".

Most likely the weather will be god but there is the possibility of some really bad weather. Dallas being further east and at a lower elevation is likely to be good except for the possibility of rain.

Re: Re: And now you .....

......have the real answer from the LSV meteorologist! Thanks DS. You still comin to NB on Saturday?

Anybody else comin' that hasn't sent in a registration?

Re: NB.

Yep, still planning on being there Saturday.

Re: Re: NB.

OK...........

Re: Re: Re: NB.

Thanks for the wx report, guys. Sorry, MM, can't make it to the SCI/CO (unless I can get my Boss to pay the way! ) I still have a trip to L.A. planned for mid-September, then the 'co-paid' trip in november. If I make them both, I'll have tripled the mileage I put on last year! Still not in RR's ballpark, but I ain't lettin' any grass grow under Rusty either!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Rusty