Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thunder over Texas

Stpped by the "Thunder Over Texas" Christian motorcyle rally in downtown Granbury this morning to see if I could find any Voyagers. Found three, out of many motorcycles. Gave a card to one of the owners letting him know about the LSV and the great folks around here. Maybe he will check in. Lots of great bikes, a car show, demonstartion riders, lots of fun. Next year I'll plan on riding the bike down for this one. Have a great day!

Re: Thunder over Texas

Good job Dave.

Now, let's see what we can do about the "Alamo" part of your name. We all know you mean Alamogordo.........but 'Alamo' in Texas is sacred. Using that in your name must mean you were there in 1836! ( I hope I got the year right ) My fellow Texans will help me here I'm sure.

I thought you were Dave in Tulie? Did you move?

Re: Re: Thunder over Texas

Oops! My bad!

"David in NM" or "David in the Land of Enchantment" or "WhiskeyDoc" in the future. I did move from Tularosa and therefore I'm no longer Tuliedave. WhiskeyDoc will never change; as I was and still am when I'm with my Marines. Thanks for keeping me straight on this.

Re: Re: Re: Thunder over Texas

Being a relatively new Texan, I have picked up on some sacred things. The Alamo being one of them. The fact that we are almost a separate entity from the US and are permitted to fly the TX flag equal to the US flag, is another.

We're kinda proud here and I am finding that I was a Texan born somewhere else .

I like 'Whiskey Doc' and if you would permit me, that is how I will refer to you. I answer to just about anything!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thunder over Texas/ WhiskeyDoc it is!!

Barry, You're right! I like WhiskeyDoc best also.