Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hippi Ride

Sounds like fun. Hope you didn't brag up Ol Hippi too much!! Helmets only come so large. After that we might have to wrap his head in bubble wrap and duct tape!!
See yall in 2 weeks!!

RR

Re: Re: Hippi Ride

I don't let my head get big any more. I did that one time and i couldn't get it thru the door. had to sleep outside. them skeeters bout eat me alive. I have a new motto, Don't leave home without a hippi. Ask Barry, Hippi to the rescue. Yep had to help another harley. Was good to have you ride with us today Barry. I heard about jerry tonite. He is still brain dead. There is no brain activity at all. He is hooked up to all life support. He can't even breath on his own. The wife and daughters will probably have to make " THAT " decision in the next day or two. They are holding on to every last strand of hope that he might come out of it. Did you see the crash site when you went down HWY 609? To those who don't know, I have a biker friend in La Grange whom i Have bergers and cokes with at least 2-3 times a week. He was working on a goldwing 3 wheeler that belonged to a friend of his. He has vary bad diebetes and went into a diebetes attack while going down the hwy on the 3 wheeler. He hit a culvert, went airborn about 80 feet, hit a hackberry tree 8 inches thick about 7 feet from the ground. The tree stopped the flight then flipped the bike to the ground. He always wore his helmet but it was tore off and laying in the ditch. The medics brought him back to life two times at the crash site. Then the lifeflight took him to Austin where he was pronounced brain dead. Looks like we might lose a second biker here in the La Grange area.

Re: Re: Re: Hippi Ride

I am speechless. I will pray for him.....The Count

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hippi Ride

Sorry to hear that.
Will be praying for all.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: Hippi, Yes I did....

....see the crash site. There were 2 vehicles there, one a grey PU. I saw the tree he hit. Wow! He was really airborn.

'My bad, let's keep Jerry in our thoughts/prayers, too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hippi, Yes I did....

Hippi, I will keep Jerry in my prayers also. This should be a lesson to those of us that have to take meds for things like Diabetes not to skip them. In my job, I work with a lot of people with this problem, and know what can happen if they forget to take their meds. I hope everyone has a Safe weekend.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Rusty
(and don't forget your medications!)