Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
took my mufflers off..

Wow! A 1200 cc 4 cylinder engine sounds pretty mean without any exhaust on it!
I'm pulling the rear wheel to fix a wheel alignment problem & making a list of all the little things that need replacing on my bike. I'll be bikeless for a while - hope to be back "up" by VH. So far need a muffler clamp, couple of small bolts, centerstand. Probably rear brakes, maybe rear wheel bearings. Gonna reinstall trailer light wiring & check swing arm (if I can figure that out).

Re: took my mufflers off..

Sounds like fun??

Brenda

Re: Re: took my mufflers off..

You mean the shop that works on your bike doesn't offer a loaner? Or, how about a box bike?

Re: Re: Re: took my mufflers off..

I've got the box bike; I need a bike box. Got the wheel back on. Didn't fix a darn thing. Finish buttoning it back up maybe tomorrow & let Zabor try to align it next week.

Re: took my mufflers off..

>Didn't fix a darn thing.

I have a hard time figuring out how the tire and swingarm can be out or parallel unless the swingarm has been bent in some way. Your postings on the AVA board have left me more perplexed than helpful.

If it isn't bent, I think it has to be something at the rear axle. The swingarm bearings can't change the relationship between the tire and the swingarm. They can only allow the tire to track off of center (because the swingarm isn't straight with the frame. Wheel bearings could be the culprit if the side rubbing is out of tolerance, but I would think that would cause a grease leak.

Keep us posted.