Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OK, This is what....

........happened.

On my way back from SA Saturday, Vinnie starts missing. After I get home he won't start. After being on the battery tennder for 1 1/2 days he starts right off. Today, I get about 5 miles and he starts missing again. I notice the dash turn signals and cruise light are dim. I turn around and rev up to 4k and everything starts working great.

When I get home I check all the wires and tighten the battery rterminals. I try to go to SA again and the same thing happens only after I turn aroiund he quits! After pushing him 100 feet up a slight hill I drop the clutch and he starts.

I called my son, an HD mechanic (yeah I'll give Richard credit here too.....he said he had the answer...it was "I don't know"). I checked the battery with an ohm meter. The battery read 12-13, when I started him it didn't drop below 10, when I reved up the motor there was no change. My son starts tsalking about stators and rectifiers. In the meantime I call who I should have to begin with. With the info I gave Karl Leo, he confirmed (also what my son thought) the alternator was bad. My son was surprised Vinnie had an actual alternator!

The bike is now on the trailer ready to take to the shop before the warrenty expires on AUGUST 3rd! Whew, it's a $700 OEM alternator.

Am I happy? Yer darn tooten!! That's the story
God Bless Karl Leo.

Re: OK, This is what....

Poor Vinnie, sick again.
Thank God for Carl Leo.

Brenda

Re: Re: OK, This is what....

I thought you were going to tell us a UFO was trailing after you.

Re: Re: Re: OK, This is what....

WOW! You've done well with that extended warranty huh?

Re: Re: Re: Re: OK, This is what....

he.......yup!