Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Exxon-Mobil

The stock actually dropped because the profit wasn't as big as expected........can you believe it!?

Re: Exxon-Mobil

I agree you won't find much sympathy for the oil companies, but I heard another interesting perspective on my way home today.

While Exxon is making about $1500 a minute in profit, they are paying approximately $4500 a minute in taxes. That takes care of a awful lot of welfare not to mention my USAF retirement. I never thought of it that way myself and I'm sure not many others do either. Regardless, I'd still like to have cheaper gas!

Correction: That's per second like Barry said not per minute

Re: Correction: That's per second like Barry said not per minute

I'm thinking that my 5 gallon can of lawn mower gas may have increased in value - is that like stock?

Re: Re: Exxon-Mobil

I don't know if any of the figures I heard are correct but if Exxon-Mobile is paying out 3x's in taxes what they make, they won't be in business for long.