Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ignition Switch Harness

Contact Carl Leo. Off the top of my head I think his e-mail is voyagerparts@bellsouth.net. If that's wrong, it is one of the top "stickies" on the AVA forum's General Forum.

Re: Re: Ignition Switch Harness

That is the correct email for Carl.

Brenda

Some of us have repaired rather than replaced the harness. You an locate the broken wire and solder it. Otherwise contact Carl Leo. I don't think the model year matters in this situation but Carl would know.

Mine was A wire - I was lucky (so far). One electrical whiz on the AVA site just repoved, repaired and/or replaced 4 wires in the ignition harness. Good luck Clyde.

Re: Re: Re: Ignition Switch Harness

The one I repaired was also only a single wire. I think it's unusual for more than one wire to go at once.

You are right, I don't want to replace it. I opened up the little round white module that all the wires are soldered to and found some of the copper contacts coroded. After a thorough cleaning I don't have the cutting out like I did before, but the starter circuit is still not engaging. In the morning I will try to trace back the wires from the ignition switch starter circuit and see if I can find a relay or fuse blown. It's possible I may have fixed the switch and blown a fuse at the same time. Thanks for the info.

Maybe it's a fuse but I think ot's a broken wire.