Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: GMLSV John/Brenda

Just gotta call from John & Brenda.

They're OK. Raining. John's home for the day and they have the generators ready. It's windy, too. Don't think it's quite there yet.

Keep our people in your thoughts and prayers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV John/Brenda

We are in the calm of the eye right now.
Waiting for more rain and wind on the way.
Will check back in later.
All is well so far.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV John/Brenda

Kirbyville was on the upper side of the storm. Got a little much needed rain and a cooler day outside .
Been over 100 several days and this ole body cant take much of that. .
No wind from Ed thank goodness. Everyone remembers Rita and almost panicked. (Even I bought some extra gas for the house). Oh well I'll wait til gas prices go back up and sell gas on the black market. .
Glad everyone had a good time at AVA. By the way where will next years rally be??
Take care and stay cool summer aint over yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV John/Brenda

Well ole Ed was kinda a dud.!!
Got rain and some wind gust probably 40mph.
Knocked down some small limbs and lots of leaves.
I have seen worse thunderstorms.
Good thing he was a dud.
We may have more rain today and tomorrow.
Anyway, we are fine.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV John/Brenda

Glad to hear all is doing ok. Am thankful my son was on his "2 weeks" off from rig in Gulf. Spoke with him on phone yesterday, gave him the approx location according to news, said that was right on top of the rig he works on.
Thank you Lord for keepping them all safe!!!!

Interestign bit of news though...read this on computer last night at work.......there are 717 platforms out in G-o-M, 132 producing gas/oil.
1 company had already shutdown some rigs & evacuated, BUT the biggest (Exxon/Mobil) said they had plans to evacuate approx 40 people from platforms, but not to shut down any production.......(as if they dont' have enough money in their pockets & piggy banks)..what about personell safety????