Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Silver City-DS

MM, want to try following my BMW?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Silver City- DS

I got thinking about what you said. From noon Saturday to 10:30pm Tuesday (about 4 days), I clocked 2040 miles!!

If ya' had a Voyager you could do that too!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Silver City- DS

Well, we had one three hundredd mile day that took nine hours even with RR leading. Of course, the Concours 14, and the two BMWs had to keep their speed down in the curvey stuff or stop and wait, so the three Voyagers and the Goldwing didn't get too far behind.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Silver City- DS

On Monday I didn't ride at all. Sooooo, I actualy did the mileage on 3 riding days.

The iron butt group also has another step up from the 1000 mile day. Can't remember what they call that one but I had 150 miles to hit that one and had 3 hours to do it. It's 1500 miles in 36 hours. By the time I got in WI, I new I could make it.

I plan on coming back again and will apply with the organization for the 1000 mile up here and try to do the 1500 on the way back! Jim Judge did that this year, I think. He was authorized to do the mileage on his way to see his kids(in Montana??). I can't see riding in a circle to get patch! But if I'm gonna do it, I might as well apply for it!

I now have 93k on the clock! Great bike! I figure after 90k miles some things will wear out by general use. I managed to get a water pump and alternator covered under warrenty because I bought the extended warrenty. Happened to be a good move on my part.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Silver City- DS

I think the 1500 in 36 is the Bun-Burner.

Only 93K on Vinnie? My RT has 39K and RR isn't far behind that.