Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Muzzy Fans, cooling & draining the battery

Grumpy, if it were me, I wouldn't bother replacing the stock with something else. About the only time the XII gets very warm is in stop-and-go traffice for extended periods. I put over 175K miles on the three Voyagers I owned and never had an issue with overheating. As for battery drain, I suppose that running the fan at idle could drain the battery but unles the battery is already low or the idling is for a very long time, I don't think that would be a problem either.

Re: Re: Muzzy Fans, cooling & draining the battery

I agree with Dave. With many miles on XII's I have not had a problem with overheating either. In extended stop and go traffic thru some Texas towns I do not recall ever going over half way. I wouldn't worry about the battery either. Unless it is in need of replacement that little drain won't hurt it. It will charge again as soon as you get moving again.
I have been in Phoenix several times in hotter weather than we get here and it still did not overheat. Kawasaki did an excellent job on the XII's cooling system and in general with the bike.
I have never had an issue with the battery draining down either. Never used a charger on an XII or any bike for that matter except the 1300 for some other reasons. It already has an excellent charger which works just fine. It is called an alternator.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Muzzy Fans, cooling & draining the battery

Grumpy, Ditto what these guys said. Stock fan works for me. I did, as per you, add a pocket for a kickstand big foot to lower left fairing (plastic not leather). Works good