Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: GMLSV

Can you spell "Honey-do's"?

Re: GMLSV

71 going for 91 here today. Big storms formed over us yesterday afternoon. We only got sprinkles, Kingfisher got lightning that started a tank battery on fire. On I-40 in OKC the wind blew power lines down onto several cars. The people inside were trapped in their cars until the power was killed. Down the road two miles, a truck was blown across the median pinning two cars under the trailer.

The other big event was a truck/train crash 40 miles north of us. The truck was carrying Butane. It didn't get across the track before the train got there. Both train engineers were killed in the ensuing explosion, the truck driver was ejected from the truck, but was severely burned in the explosion. The semi had pieces thrown 1/4 of a mile in three different directions.

Be careful at RR crossings.
Ride Safe.

Re: Re: GMLSV

Heard about the truck/train accident on tv.
Bad day in Blackrock for OK.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

Wow! I slept in til 7:50 a.m. today- missed a lot. Dog ran off; again

Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

Now might be the time to lock the doors, or even better, move with no forwarding address.
So, Dave what is the decision on that new cement blo I mean seat for your bike.
Cindy and I are taking the trike out and heading for the Cottonwood Festival.
Yall have a great weekend.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

Now that there's about 3K miles on it the Sargent seat is reasonably comfortable. If I were planning a Saddlesore 1000 I'd tae my Airhawk with me as a backup but I've had custom seats that were mage specificaly for my weight and inseam that didn't work any better. I'm hoping it will continue to break in for a while yet.