Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Bring a can of OFF, just in case.!!!

Brenda

Re: GMLSV

Howdy y'all.

Weather has been great here, too. Middle 60's in the morning, 85 - 92 in the afternoon.

Still deciding on the Vulcan Voyager. I will look at it when the time comes but I really like the 4 cylinder. Won't buy unless I can ride it no matter what I buy. Might hafta go to the Venture Royale or find a real Voyager that hasn't been riden much.

Have a good one.

Be Careful.
Ride Safe.

Re: Re: GMLSV

I know of a 93 XII in New York that has less than 15,000 miles. Can't understand that though, but it looks nice. No faded paint. It is not even broken in yet.

RR

Re: Re: GMLSV

I looked hard at the Yamaha. The only drawback is NO REVERSE. Other thn that, it is a really good bike which comes with all the goodies standard.

Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

The new Vulcan, I mean Voyager, NO I MEAN VULCAN, could likely be close to the GL1800 in weight. Any bike that heavy should have a reverse!

Re: Good Morning

I hate to say it, but to me the new Voyager looks like a Vulcan updated with a fairing and a Top Box!

Re: Re: Good Morning

To me it looks like the Nomad we used to have with a few things added. It may be ok with others, but we won't be buying it.

Brenda

ISP was down this morning. Beautiful day--but two breakdowns on some equipment. It's been keeping me hopping. Leave work early to go to the youngest's football game 45 mi. away.

All this talk of new motorcycles got me in the mood to make a purchase. (It's BRIGHT red.) Look for pics this weekend or maybe Monday!

Ride Safe!

Re: Re: Good Morning

"I hate to say it, but to me the new Voyager looks like a Vulcan updated with a fairing and a Top Box!"

Looks like? it IS a Vulcan with trunk and fairing.

Before I got my C14 I had looked at the Vulcan, but turned it down because it was not a touring bike. No cruise, no audio, NO TACH!! no fairing, just a windshield.
I agree it s a Vulcan with top box, cruise, fairing, audio. Aren't those the things that make for a touring bike???
I look forward to taking a test ride. That will help decide.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

RR, The C14 doesn't come with cruise or audio either but that didn't stop you from buying it.

If you do buy a new Voyager, we'll probably have to change your nickname to "Retro Rod". Somehow, rocket doesn't seem to fit the Vulcan Voyager.

"Cruise, fairing, audio"? - Gee, I thought I owned a sport tourer but I guess it's really a touring bike since it has all those as well as a trunk, heated grips, heated seat, ABS, etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

True, I did get the C14 without cruise or audio, but it has the FUN FACTOR which makes up for the difference. Still not sure about getting the Vulcan Voyager. I still get a smile whenever I get on the C14. Kawasaki just built too good a bike in the C14. It would be their own fault if I didn't get a Vulcan.
It still might be in my future though. I just am not running it down because of the V twin.

RR