Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GMLSV

I'm also very disappointed with the new VULCAN touring bike. MM, I'm a little suprised that you're so negative about it since you've been so complementary to the Venture which is a lot like the new VULCAN (Kaw can call it something else but it's still a VULCAN). This reminds me of the "new" SilverWing vs. the old one. The new one is a 600cc scooter, the old one was a 500cc touring bike.

Speaking of scooters, I'd probably buy a SilverWing scooter or 650 Burgman before I'd buy the buy the new VULCAN.

Re: Re: GMLSV

The Venture Royale was a second choice....a distant second to the Voyager. Now that there isn't a Voyager, the Venture shoots to the top of a close bunch of bikes. I like the Venture because it's a4 banger.

I will just hafta go test'em all to make a choice. And, if I can't test ride'em, I won't buy'em.

Re: Re: Re: GMLSV

Both the Venture and the Vulcan/Voyager (based on the nomad specs) are close to the GL1800 in weight but the wing includes reverse. And from what I've heard second hand, the GL1800 has better fuel economy. If you shop around, you might find a dealer willing to significantly discount a GL1800 or find a good low mileage used one.