Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Didn't Start

It appears that you have at least one broken wire in the ignition harness. Chances are it's broken in the vicinity of the cable tie used to restrain it. Many Voyagers have the tie puled tight which results in excessive localized bending of the wires. The only way to fix the existing harness is to cut the plastic sheath off and then solder a short piece of wire onto the broken one(s). After the repair is complete you can wrap the harness in electical tape.

Re: Re: Didn't Start

We alrady tsalked and I was in theprocess of fixing 2 broken wires. BUT, they were not close to the tie, but rather close to the ignition itself.

Then.....well DS you know what happened. My mind is gone. I'm back to square one.

Re: Re: Re: Didn't Start

My break was close to the ignition also, but I've already forgotten what my symtom was much less which wire(s) I repaired.