Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heres da scoop for VH.

Weather in La Grange area------ 20% chance of rain on Wednesday only, then beautiful rest of weekend. Temperature------- Highs in the 70s, Lows in the high 50s. You will need a blanket if your not in a sleeping bag. You will have to dress warn in the morning, heats up around 10 AM Directions-------Where highway 71 & 77 cross, Go south on HWY 77 5 blocks, turn right after LOS FUENTS mexican resturant, go two blocks and you will see the entrance to Colorado Landing. Enter and stay to your left, go all the way down to the office. Stew for supper thursday nite. Friday morning------- Breakfast in Fayetteville, visit church in that town that has vary old and valuable paintings, with a person to tell us all about them. Then on to see some real Texas long horn cows. 78 inch spread on the horns with a real LIVE head in the center of those horns. I have made arrangements for Roger Bagley to ride and try to saddle break that thing. After that we will visit two churches in that area. Dinner in Columbus, the town i was borned in (hatched or whatever). Finish the ride and rest up cause friday nite we're going to the feed store in winchester for supper. In this part of the country it is,,,,, Breakfast,,,, Dinner,,,, Supper. We don't eat dinner at 7PM, its SUPPER. Saturday morning breakfast to be discused. Everything is within 3/4 of a mile from the camp site. Some may want breakfast tacos, some may want some good kolotches, some may want to have some fancy latte coffee and pasterys or some can go have a good plate of bacon and eggs. Its something different. We'll discuss that. Then on to the other side of the county to visit what they call the painted church tour. 6 churches in all. i don't know if we will have time to visit all of them. I will try to get us back to camp site around 2:30 or 3:30 BBQ server at 5 then Meeting, (I guess) Step in here Barry and change it if you need to. We are on the colorado river bank. You can fish. You might need license cause we have a sneeky game warden in this county. Please stop in at the office BEFORE you ride down to the camping area. Manager ask that you register and sign a release first.

Re: Heres da scoop for VH.

Let me know if i've forgotten something.

Re: Re: Heres da scoop for VH.

Looks good to me. If we eat at BBQ at 5 we should be able to have the meeting around 5:15...er...6:15, I wait for y'all . That should give us plenty of time for last minute advice on care of the Voyager before we hafta hit the sack.