Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AVA Rally 09 Rates

Just checked the AVA Rally 09 page.
I found the rates for the campground and hotel. Shocker!!

Campground rate of 36.00 bucks per night.
Hotel rate of 99.00 bucks per night for single or double.

If we go we will find alternate accommodations, if we can find anything cheaper.

Just thought I would forewarn you.

Brenda

Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

36 bucks! For a tent??

$20/night should be plenty, less is more realistic. It's a tent!

I'll check, too, Brenda. We'll compare notes. Hey, here's an idea, let's all stay at RR's and commute....all 30 or so of us!

Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Barry have you or Rod found out anything about the debit card/credit card issue?

Folks, just an FYI here.......my brother-in-law rode his bike to the Red River/Taos area for a few days this past summer. I know there are a few miles difference between Sante Fe & the R-R area, but he had quite an experience when he used his debit & credit cards.

Every time he used a credit card for less than $10, there was an additional $10 surcharge added to it. any purchase over $10 had no additional charge.
When he used his debit card, there was an additional
$35-50 fee added to the purchase. The business did refund the added debit fee when that payment cleared.
I always thought if a debit card purchase went thru, it cleared right then.....go figure.

Rene Ann & I found out going to Bowling Green that a lot of places would not accept travelers checks any more due to the ease of copying & forgery.

Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

I've been looking at my Trailer Life book & what I'm finding as far as rates for tents is about $26. This rate price is 2 yrs old.....my book is a 2006 version which means come rally time if my math is correct will then be 3 yrs old....Also, not all camp grounds listed in the book have tent sites.
Brenda, let us know what you find out.

Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Will do.

Brenda

Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Apparently when they picked the Rally site they didn't research the area cost structure. Wonder what food and gas will cost. These prices may keep a lot of people home.

Re: Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates

Hi, Guys;
Unfortunately, Santa Fe is expensive, but there are cheaper hotels in town, so don't give up. As far as camping goes, I can't be much help. There is a great KOA about 60 miles east of town along I-25 (near Las Vegas, NM)
that has great rates, and plenty of tent space (they hold boy scout campouts there.) The problem is-it's 60 miles east of town. If you don't mind getting up early and putting some miles on your bike, then that isn't a problem. I sincerely hope the costs don't keep you guys away. Hope to see you in July!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AVA Rally 09 Rates - KOA

It's been over 20 years since I stayed at either one but the Santa Fe KOA and the one in Bernalillo (Albuquerque north) were both very nice.

AVA Rally 09 Rates

I've been going to church functions @ Glorietta, NM for the last 20 years. Usually we will try to go into town at least once on the trip. Santa Fe has always seemed to be 15-20% higher than comparable prices elsewhere. Buying gas used to be atrocious--probably still is.