Return to Website

Motorcycle forum

We are the Lone Star Voyagers a chapter of the American Voyager Association. This open forum is for the members and guest of the LSV-AVA. Please feel free to use this service. Remember this is a family riding chapter.

Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good Morning Y'all.

54 going for 80's.

Have a great day, ride safe.

Remember to set your clocks back, check the batteries in your smoke detectors and go vote on tuesday.
And renew your LSV and EVA dues.!!

Brenda

Re: GMLSV

Man that's a lot to remember! I think I'm gonna chance the clocks, then take a nap. Next, I'll change the batteries in the smoke detector, then take a nap. Just before bed tonight, I'll make a note to myself to vote on Tuesday. Oh yeah, I'll be going to church later this morning, too. Man, I have a full day

Live Long & Prosper.

Be Careful.
Ride Safe.

Re: Good morning

49 heading for the low 80's. Bright sunshine and few clouds--even less wind!

I took the CB 250 out for about a 130 mile round trip on mainly farm to market roads and smaller state highways. We ended up at a place called Lucille's. (Barry and I were suppossed to have gone there earlier this year). It is a diner/bar/small dance hall place in Mulhall, OK. The bar portion is contained in what was a territorial bank before statehood. They have carved out a niche catering to the riding community.

The ride was great. The first problem I had was that I couldn't find my little CB when I came out from my coffe and pie. (I'd parked it out by itself on the end of the row when we went in--when we came out, it had been covered up by big cruisers and touring bikes). After I found her, I dealt with my second problem.

I knew I was going to be about 1/2 an hour late from when I told Mary (Okay, she told me) I would be home. My buddy on a VTX 1300 couldn't keep up with my 250 in the twisties. I kept having to slow down!

My other big project was scheduling the VXII in for some maintenance. It will have new tires, fluids, fork springs and seals, and maybe a new windshield if I have any money left.

Sorry for the long post. I must still be on a sugar high from birthday coconut cream pie and Italian cream cake.

Re: Re: Good morning

47 here- I misunderstood the weather girl when she gave me the outside temp yesterday morn- it was 45 not 70; me, I'm a housecat, didn't go outside til later.

Re: Re: Good morning

Another beautiful day in the TEXAS Hill Country.
Good ride yesterday - as Granny keeps telling me; "The bike may get better gas mileage, but you aren't saving anything because you just ride it a lot more." She may have a point there.

Have a great day; Ride Safe; Keep the Rubber Side Down!