Pajama Forum

Official Message Board of The Spooky Pajamas

Pajama Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Notice

My turn..... I agree, in part, with others. War does suck. Right now the French and Russians have contracts w/ Iraq for oil. I wonder again, why they wanted to avoid this. Yes, Suddam is a fucking jack-ass worthy of death, but guess what happens to the oil contracts once we take over? This should have been taken care of...I say, about 5 years ago.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This is what I hoped to avoid, but it's on now ...

The troops support their leader. And their leader is carrying out a war on terrorism and states or regimes that sponsor terrorism. The regime in question has continued to dabble in the development of weapons of MD and undeniably supports terrorism. There may be no direct links to Al Quaida; however, terrorism sponsored in Iraq shares the same goal of war against America. This is the reality. Terrorists want to kill as many Americans as they can. It is war. You can choose not to fight it, but they will continue to kill Americans.

I think people who oppose the war specifically because of Bush are fooling themselves a bit. I don't think it is too far-fetched of to say that Al Gore probably would have taken the same course. More likely, we would have engaged earlier as the ludicrous claims that we are going to war for oil would have had no merit with Gore as president.

I also can't shake the feeling that this anti-war movement isn't based on facts, but rather nostalgia and a knee-jerk type reaction against the government, because "well the government is always out to get us. Them and the corporations are in a big conspiracy. And don't forget about big oil, they're in on it too."

The French and Russians may seem all noble, but I think we can be assured that their reasons for opposition to the war go a little deeper than a high regard for humanity.

Attacking our President is of course the beauty of living in a democracy. Because you have that right though, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. There are young men and women over in Iraq paying the price in blood so jackasses like you and I can debate on the Internet. A simple "Screw Bush" message pretty much invalidates what they are fighting for. It's difficult to support the troops if you don't support their cause.

A final thought. If weapons from Iraq had been used on a neighboring country or the U.S. through a terrorist act, would there have been any forgiveness for the U.S. as it sat by inactive for 12 years with history's greatest military?

Replying to:

If anybody has a problem with this country, just get the fuck out, you whiny bitches.

Replying to:

Certain leaders are idiots...but I def support the troops.

Replying to:

Talkin' 'bout your opinions on a certain political leader...for shame!!

Replying to:

What are you talking about?

Replying to:

While the SPJs encourage open debate on all issues in this forum, all "flame" messages will be deleted. Share your opinion but no personal attacks and support your argument.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Notice

This is awesome...totally awesome. God bless America, our troops, Bush and France. Who do you think will be the next to be kicked off "American Idol"?

Replying to:

My turn..... I agree, in part, with others. War does suck. Right now the French and Russians have contracts w/ Iraq for oil. I wonder again, why they wanted to avoid this. Yes, Suddam is a fucking jack-ass worthy of death, but guess what happens to the oil contracts once we take over? This should have been taken care of...I say, about 5 years ago.

Replying to:

This is what I hoped to avoid, but it's on now ...

The troops support their leader. And their leader is carrying out a war on terrorism and states or regimes that sponsor terrorism. The regime in question has continued to dabble in the development of weapons of MD and undeniably supports terrorism. There may be no direct links to Al Quaida; however, terrorism sponsored in Iraq shares the same goal of war against America. This is the reality. Terrorists want to kill as many Americans as they can. It is war. You can choose not to fight it, but they will continue to kill Americans.

I think people who oppose the war specifically because of Bush are fooling themselves a bit. I don't think it is too far-fetched of to say that Al Gore probably would have taken the same course. More likely, we would have engaged earlier as the ludicrous claims that we are going to war for oil would have had no merit with Gore as president.

I also can't shake the feeling that this anti-war movement isn't based on facts, but rather nostalgia and a knee-jerk type reaction against the government, because "well the government is always out to get us. Them and the corporations are in a big conspiracy. And don't forget about big oil, they're in on it too."

The French and Russians may seem all noble, but I think we can be assured that their reasons for opposition to the war go a little deeper than a high regard for humanity.

Attacking our President is of course the beauty of living in a democracy. Because you have that right though, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. There are young men and women over in Iraq paying the price in blood so jackasses like you and I can debate on the Internet. A simple "Screw Bush" message pretty much invalidates what they are fighting for. It's difficult to support the troops if you don't support their cause.

A final thought. If weapons from Iraq had been used on a neighboring country or the U.S. through a terrorist act, would there have been any forgiveness for the U.S. as it sat by inactive for 12 years with history's greatest military?

Replying to:

If anybody has a problem with this country, just get the fuck out, you whiny bitches.

Replying to:

Certain leaders are idiots...but I def support the troops.

Replying to:

Talkin' 'bout your opinions on a certain political leader...for shame!!

Replying to:

What are you talking about?

Replying to:

While the SPJs encourage open debate on all issues in this forum, all "flame" messages will be deleted. Share your opinion but no personal attacks and support your argument.