General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Go and search this post. The search box is in the upper right hand corner for those of you that haven't used it before. See what was posted. I tried to tell all when and why the meter raise would be in the Spring of 2009 last June.

Mr. Lutfallah has said in the past that my information must not be reliable since he cannot verify the sources. Sometimes revealing my sources would be putting someones job on the line. I had hoped that the driver groups would have seized my info and used it to extend pressure on the city. Unfortunately my posts were made to look less than credible by a few so called "organizers" that have very little knowledge of the inner workings of this business. Knowing where the airports and taverns are doesn't make one an "insider." Hopefully the city will extend more than the 10-12 percent raise that is currently planned. Ahmed R.

Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Search the word olympic no s just olympic to see my post.

Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

"Mr. Lutfallah has said in the past that my information must not be reliable since he cannot verify the sources."

It wasn't your sources that couldn't be verified. It was your claim.

George Lutfallah

Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Search the word inspection. The claims I made about the changes at the inspection lane were posted on this forum in June. This was after an intense discussion with the commisioner at the end of March 2008 about the improper precedures being used to test equipment at the inspection lane. Credit card swipes and radios to be exact.

I still burn thinking about the 50.00 retest fee for the window. See my post of June under G. Costanza "hows jeff doing at inspection." They should have been sued for this one.

Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

I posted the following on June 1st.

Ahmed R,

You claimed procedures were changed at the DCS inspection facility as a result of your conversation with the Commissioner.

I spoke with Commissioner Reyes on Friday. She doesn't recall any conversation with a driver leading to any procedural change at the DCS inspection facility.

I also spoke with one of my sources at the the facility who was also unaware of any changes in inspection procedures as a result of a driver complaint.

George Lutfallah
Chicago Dispatcher

Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

I also remember telling you that there is more than one commissioner/decision maker. There was once a fellow driver that was having quite the trouble with a certain city attorney that was bent on pulling his chaufeurs license. I told the guy to go over to city hall and see someone on the eighth floor. After the visit his problems were over. This had more to do with a malicious prosecutor than corruption. My fellow driver God rest his sould was an armed forces veteran.

Do you believe that everything is on the level George? Cut and dry?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

"Do you believe that everything is on the level George?"

"Ahmed R"
What I know is not on the level is you.

George

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

What I know is wrong is telling the city that this is the wrong time to increase the rates of fare. Are you for more fines, taxes, and fees too?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my post of June 28, 2008 7:07 PM

Ahmed R.,

Who are you to insist that it is the "right time" to increase the fare? Almost all of the cabdrivers I speak to aren't clamoring for a fare increase, and those who want one, most don't necessarily want one right now.

Why would you ask George Lutfallah if he's for more fines, taxes, and fees? Do you really expect that he is, as you wrongfully suggest?

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What I know is wrong is telling the city that this is the wrong time to increase the rates of fare. Are you for more fines, taxes, and fees too?