General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Told you so Foulks/ No jail time for Njubas attackers!

The UTCC does have such a sign. Just ask any of their members to give you one.

Re: Told you so Foulks/ No jail time for Njubas attackers!

"Ahmed R."

So I was wrong about my prediction that Njuba's attackers would serve time in jail upon conviction. What's your point?

If the sailors don't abide by the terms of their conditional discharge, they could end up in jail still.

Why are you asking for my whereabouts in court in this case? I am not involved in this case whatsoever.

Again, what is your point?

These guys didn't "walk" either. "Walking" means the were found not guilty and are free to go.

Ahmed R. - so you can predict the future about one or two events involving cabdrivers - big deal.

Can you actually have an impact on the actual course of events the way others have, who are not afraid to hide their names?

Like myself and others?

I predict no.

-Mike Foulks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

No Jail Time for Sailors Who Carjacked and Torched Cab
Last Edited: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 4:23 PM CST
Created: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 4:23 PM CST

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7987188&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The two Great Lakes sailors who carjacked a cabbie then torched his taxi will not serve jail time.

Terry Gappa of Plymouth, Mass., and Aaron Couch of Monroe, La., both 21, were sentenced to 12 months of conditional discharge after pleading guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor criminal trespassing charges.

The sailors were arrested in late May after carjacking an unidentified driver who was driving them from Chicago's Union Station to Naval Station Great Lakes.

According to reports, as the Chicago Carriage Cab approached the Gurnee area, the men told the driver to pull over and let them drive or they'd kill him. Gappa then drove to a Jewel store on Hunt Club Road, where Couch went in and purchased beer. With the cabbie in the passenger seat they then began driving north on Hunt Club Road.

As the cab approached Wadsworth the cab slowed down and the cabbie jumped out and ran to a nearby home where police were called. The cabbie was not injured and later told police he feared for his safety because Gappa was driving erratically.

When police arrived, they found the cab on fire near a Wadsworth subdivision and the two men walking away from the scene.

Both Gappa and Couch appeared to be inebriated, Lake County Sheriff's officials said, and both were charged with felony counts of theft of services, assault, theft of a vehicle and criminal damage to property.

They pleaded Tuesday to a single criminal trespass of a motor vehicle charge, a Class A misdemeanor. In addition to 12 months conditional discharge, which will lead to no punishment if they behave, the men were ordered to pay $12,000 restitution to the cab company and serve 50 hours community service. And they are not allowed to have any contact with the cab company or driver.

On June 24th at 10:34 Pm Mike Foulks posted that the Njuba' attackers will certainly go and do jail time for the crime. This was in response to my posting that the attackers would indeed walk. Well look what happened! Where was the activist Mike Foulks in court? SEARCH UNDER NJUBA IN THE SEARCH BOX AND LOOK FOR FOULKS POST OF JUNE 24TH 2008 AT 10:34 PM

Sometimes the two 37 year old fellows aren't quite as good at predicting the future as they think. I predicted that the meter raise wouldn't come until after the Olympics decision was made five or six months ago. If this post still exists tomorrow night I will provide proof for this as well.

HERE'S THE ACTUAL POST:

Subject: The cab hijackers and arsonists will go to jail
Name: Mike Foulks
Date Posted: Jun 24, 08 - 10:34 PM

I'd like to meet you in person and see your cab and licenses just to confirm that you are a real Chicago cabdriver.

When I read your words, I hear Diane Santucci's voice. Perhaps you are influenced by her a bit; it obvious that you know who she is and who she is married to...how is that?

The Navy guys who hijakced and torched Njuba's cab will go to jail. I don't believe that they will "walk" like you seem so certain they will. We shall see who is in better touch with reality soon enough.

George Lutfallah's character is being assassinated by the likes of those who find it necessary to lie.

My question of the day is...who claimed that UTCC has "1,000 members"? This kind of lying and exagerration is dangerous to Chicago cabdrivers' interests. The UTCC does not represent me. It is not a democratic organization of cabdrivers. It is a puppet/front of the left-wing radicals employed by American Friends Service Committee (AFSC).

I will post the entire history of the CCO (and its elections) on the http://cco1.bravehost.com website. What do you mean by "unedited results"? No results have been "edited". Please explain what you mean, with citation.

The "restaurant guys" are Chicago cabdrivers. You are attacking them when you claim that there is illegal gambling occuring to such a degree when it is not.

I have never seen a "dice game" in any restauarant in Chicago, period. Where and when did you see one?

A lot of the cabdrivers who voted in either CCO election were never patrons of the particular restaurant they voted at. You can keep deluding yourself, but we know better.

There was no "3-man" march. What are you referring to?

I have seen cabs which can appear to be in park, but are actually in gear. If bumped, they will start to accelerate. It seems that Mr. Duako was able to partially re-enter the cab when this was happening, but he didn't have enough time to stop the vehicle as you suggest. I'm sure that the Chicago Dispatcher will do updates on this story and include more information about Mr. Duako's lower leg.

You don't want to "trust me" to represent you, that's fine...it's your perogative. Dozens and scores of other cabdrivers do and have gone on record as such. I still claim more PROVABLE membership in the CCO than the UTCC.

I accept your criticism of my being a "ticking time bomb". However, my "explosions" aren't a "matter of time", nor are they "out-of-control".

They are deliberate and serve the purpose of promoting the cause of the Chicago cabdrivers.

If you have such a problem with my leadership, then why didn't you get 27 fellow cabdrivers to vote for you in the CCO election? You would have secured the option of claiming the Presidency.

I am not a "loose cannon". I am simply acting independently of everybody except Chicago cabdrivers themselves.

-Mike Foulks

-MIKE FOULKS

Replying to:

"Ahmed R."

So I was wrong about my prediction that Njuba's attackers would serve time in jail upon conviction. What's your point?

If the sailors don't abide by the terms of their conditional discharge, they could end up in jail still.

Why are you asking for my whereabouts in court in this case? I am not involved in this case whatsoever.

Again, what is your point?

These guys didn't "walk" either. "Walking" means the were found not guilty and are free to go.

Ahmed R. - so you can predict the future about one or two events involving cabdrivers - big deal.

Can you actually have an impact on the actual course of events the way others have, who are not afraid to hide their names?

Like myself and others?

I predict no.

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

No Jail Time for Sailors Who Carjacked and Torched Cab
Last Edited: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 4:23 PM CST
Created: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 4:23 PM CST

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7987188&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The two Great Lakes sailors who carjacked a cabbie then torched his taxi will not serve jail time.

Terry Gappa of Plymouth, Mass., and Aaron Couch of Monroe, La., both 21, were sentenced to 12 months of conditional discharge after pleading guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor criminal trespassing charges.

The sailors were arrested in late May after carjacking an unidentified driver who was driving them from Chicago's Union Station to Naval Station Great Lakes.

According to reports, as the Chicago Carriage Cab approached the Gurnee area, the men told the driver to pull over and let them drive or they'd kill him. Gappa then drove to a Jewel store on Hunt Club Road, where Couch went in and purchased beer. With the cabbie in the passenger seat they then began driving north on Hunt Club Road.

As the cab approached Wadsworth the cab slowed down and the cabbie jumped out and ran to a nearby home where police were called. The cabbie was not injured and later told police he feared for his safety because Gappa was driving erratically.

When police arrived, they found the cab on fire near a Wadsworth subdivision and the two men walking away from the scene.

Both Gappa and Couch appeared to be inebriated, Lake County Sheriff's officials said, and both were charged with felony counts of theft of services, assault, theft of a vehicle and criminal damage to property.

They pleaded Tuesday to a single criminal trespass of a motor vehicle charge, a Class A misdemeanor. In addition to 12 months conditional discharge, which will lead to no punishment if they behave, the men were ordered to pay $12,000 restitution to the cab company and serve 50 hours community service. And they are not allowed to have any contact with the cab company or driver.

On June 24th at 10:34 Pm Mike Foulks posted that the Njuba' attackers will certainly go and do jail time for the crime. This was in response to my posting that the attackers would indeed walk. Well look what happened! Where was the activist Mike Foulks in court? SEARCH UNDER NJUBA IN THE SEARCH BOX AND LOOK FOR FOULKS POST OF JUNE 24TH 2008 AT 10:34 PM

Sometimes the two 37 year old fellows aren't quite as good at predicting the future as they think. I predicted that the meter raise wouldn't come until after the Olympics decision was made five or six months ago. If this post still exists tomorrow night I will provide proof for this as well.

Re: Re: Re: Told you so Foulks/ No jail time for Njubas attackers!

And yet, a possible explanation -

Perhaps neither Njuba nor Carriage Cab wanted the Navy guys to go to jail or wanted to take the time to testify against them.

Ahmed R., your predicting that the Navy guys wouldn't go to jail is irresponsible - it doesn't deter others from doing the same to other cabdrivers if they want.

Where were YOU, Ahmed R., when the court hearings came for ANYBODY who was attacked?

I've attended many hearings for crimes against other cabdrivers in several different courthouses.

-Mike Foulks

The only guy I know of that failed conditional discharge was you Mike.

Re: Re: Re: Told you so Foulks/ No jail time for Njubas attackers!

Ahmed R.,

I have never been given conditional discharge. So, how could I fail?

-Mike Foulks

Replying to:

The only guy I know of that failed conditional discharge was you Mike.