General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scuffle, cabbies unprofessionalism!

i think this is true cos i see cabbies road rage, arguments and cutting each other off all the time on road to get the first avalailable fare.

too many cabs on street and too many unprofessional new rookie cabbies and also very few fares.

the carrige and royal 3 cab, those 2 red cab drivers are the worst aggresive drivers, they speed like cops violating speed limit, the steal fares and cut others off!

Re: Re: Scuffle, cabbies unprofessionalism!

What is surprising to me is the amount of accidents they cause or are involved in. I have seen more than one of these cabs rear end someone right before my eyes. What came to Chicago with so much promise of being an indusrty example has become the worse company in the city.

As I told Ted B. before, you sometimes get what you pay for. Yellow is a much better company. I enjoyed leasing there years ago before I became an owner/operator. Saving a few dollars on a lease and standing in line for an hour with meter in hand with a bunch of screaming guys wouldn't be for me.

Re: Re: Re: Scuffle, cabbies unprofessionalism!

cab bussiess is horrible. no riderships and too many cabs and bad unprofessional drivers , specially those big red cabs.
road rages and just too many empty cabs.

i could hardly make $50 a day for myself by working 12 hours driving cab. now at target, i make $80 a day in just 8 hours, plus medical benefit.
i had been driving cab since 2000 till december of 2008. am glad i changed job.

Re: Scuffle

george lutfallah attacked a utcc organizer outside his office at 5 am. on 6 january. he pushed the man into traffic with his belly and kneed him several times. the police were called and put george in handcuffs and arrested him and took him to jail. for simple battery.

the HR number is 107962 and the court date is at belmont western on monday jan 26 at 9 am. courtroom 29-2

Re: Re: Scuffle

I have been told that this case was continued. There was a settlement offer made to George, but he refused.

I for one will go on the record here and ask George to reconsider. You should move on George. Quit being stubborn. This isn't one of your good points George. You could have been a very well respected person in the Chicago industry. We all kiss rear once in awhile to get what we want. You should have apologized and been done with this. ....

Re: Re: Re: Scuffle

george is a mouth peice and news maker for REYES.
He is always against cab drivers.
He opposed cab driver's strike for, 1 meter increase,
2, stop unfair credit card rule,
3, restoration of skokie and burbank meter and half,
4, end to more medallion issuance and more cabs flooding chicago streets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Scuffle

You are right about almost all of your complaints. The credit card rule is here to stay. Debit cards will be more and more common. The two or three things that need to happen are: 1) Ease of transmission of the data 2) Ease of "cashing in" the credit card 3) Perhaps a "direct deposit" into the drivers account from the point of sale.

In other words I swipe a credit card in my cab. The funds minus the service charge automatically get deposited into my bank account. I never have to wait at an association office/cashiers window to get paid. I can check my funds on the internet and print out a statement at say the Yellow garage. The fees are more in line with the actual charges with the terminal and printer fees added. Say I did 1500 in credit cards in one month, my fees might be more like 2.9 percent than the current 5 percent. The funds would go into my account since I am "logged" in with my drivers id number. I then can go to any cash station to get my money when and where I choose to. This might not happen in 2009 or 2010 but it will happen. Until then we suffer.

Remember, credit cards are a thing of the future. There are quite a few drivers that never had one. However, almost all of the CAB CUSTOMERS now have one. Ahmed R.