General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: any job offer help? cab bussiness sux!

I stopped driving cab in mid 2008 cos i was barely making enough money to pay my bills and i saved nothing cos cab bussiness just sux. I could not make more than $50 a day working 12 hours.

I know how slow this job is, no riderships and too many cabs.

I now work at Jewel store in skokie as a cashier and i love it. I make $80 in 8 hours and i have 401K and medical insurance too.
If you want, you can contact me.
good luck

mcdonald cashier job is good!

If you work at mcdonald as cashier, i think you can make $9 an hour and if you work 8 hours, you make $72.00 a day which is much better than driving cab for $12 and making only $ 40 or $50 daily.
plus, you cn get medical insurance benefit too which you don't get as cab drivig job.

cab driving job has become a very low paid job, lower than working at mcdonald, burger king or waiter.
the reason is true as others say, too many cabs and less riderships and lots of credit card payment scams by customers and cab companies.

Re: mcdonald cashier job is good!

I mean to say you make $40 to $50 by driving cab for 12 hours daily. you can make more than $50 a day by working at mcdonald or working at retail stores.

Attn: G.J. Lutfallah

George, quit allowing this crap. This is someone that just keeps posting the same old garbage.

I guess you now realize you have run all of the real contributors off of this list. The same old problems still exist. You do have the ear of Norma. Why not use it for the benefit of the industry? Your attitude rubbed just about everyone the wrong way. Can peace be made?

cab bussiness to slow!

I agree that it's very slow with too many cabs.
Ahemed, what is wrong in giving information about jobs? People should be given suggestions and advice so we can make a better living!
I think big retail chain stores like target or walmart gives good salary plus good benefit.