General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sour note: Woman gives up iPod to pay NY taxi fare

Sour note: Woman gives up iPod to pay NY taxi fare

NEW YORK (AP) – A woman who visited New York City but couldn't pay for her taxi ride back to the airport says she was made to face the music: give the driver her iPod or get hauled away by police.

Sacramento, Calif., resident Natalie Lenhart says her credit card was declined after her trip to John F. Kennedy International Airport last month. The 20-year-old says officers at the Queens airport made her give her $140 music player to taxi driver Mohammed Islam as payment for the $49 ride from Manhattan.

The red iPod Nano had oldies by the Beatles and James Taylor.

The driver says he wants to return the iPod. He says he can't use it because the teary-eyed woman didn't give him the earphones.

The agency that runs the airport is investigating. It says the iPod payment would violate its policies.

Re: Sour note: Woman gives up iPod to pay NY taxi fare

A 20 year old isn't financially responsible, go figure. While it is a little extreme, she needed to learn a lesson. If I was her driver I would ask her to send payment and I would send it back right away. If not I would still send it back after four weeks. I hope she learned something.