General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Stop nonsense! stand for real cabbie cause

This is total nonsense, you think asking TOM will help our cause?

where is gorge when UTCC did a strike for cab driver's cause?

you were against the strike for the unfair credit card rule,u were against, decent meter increase, you were against, restoration of meter and half for skokie and burbank. you were against end to no new medallion issuance.

UTCC people fought for those cause .

Re: Stop nonsense! stand for real cabbie cause

I have been fighting for restoration of the meter and a half to the two suburbs, a raise in the rates of fare, and finally am all for putting a halt on any new medallions. I can also say that I have heard George boast of telling Norma Reyes that a raise in the rates of fare isn't in our best interests presently. I do not agree with George about the long needed raise.

Here's where I do not agree with you: 1) How can it hurt to have Attorney Tom Gheoghegan take over Rham's seat? It can't. At least this guy is willing to talk to us.
2) Credit cards are the present and the future. If things really get bad here debit cards will be ever more popular. There are a few things that need to be improved on a) Transmission of the credit card data b) Ease of "cashing" these credit slips.

We cannot continue to subsidize our own customers by charging rates that are so close to actual cost. We cannot stand one more new medallion on our already cab overcrowded streets. We also cannot stand any more abusive/overcharging of fines at 400 W Superior.

I think you might also benefit from a history lesson about Chicago taxi medallions and this business. The part of the Feldman article telling of the sale of Yellow/Checker medallions was inaccurate. Let me know if you want to learn about the changes in the industry from 88-08 and how it has changed things for the worst. Were you in California in the 80&90's? Ahmed R.

Re: Re: Stop nonsense! stand for real cabbie cause

when george is opposed to, decent meter increase, end to credit card rule, restoration of 2 suburb meter and half rate, and end to more cabs and more medallions, How in the hell can he do somehting for cabbies by voting for someone?

first he must support those 5 things, otherwise anything he says ragrading cabbies is a full nonsense.

Re: Re: Re: Stop nonsense! stand for real cabbie cause

George has a very high opinion of this attorney. I might as well if I ever meet Thomas G. However, Thomas will never get the seat Rham once occupied.

One, Thomas G. is a political outsider. Two, he is currently involved in a high profile lawsuit against the city over back pay and retirement benefits for city workers. These two facts will never allow him to make the "right" friends he would need to get elected. Don't tell me any cr** about reform, this is still the way things work here. Always been, Always will be.
Ahmed R.